The University of Providence recognizes that paying for education can be challenging. We’re committed to helping current and prospective students locate ways to meet, manage or lower costs through various financing and payment options.

Nearly 96 percent of all students attending UP receive some type of financial aid including scholarships, loans and grants to lower their cost of tuition.

Financial aid is available for students in degree granting programs, not including certificate programs.


UP offers endowment-based, merit-based, competitive, faith-based and athletic internal scholarships. There’s also a wide variety of external scholarships to apply for, as well.

External scholarships can reduce dependence on borrowing to help pay for your education. FastWeb is a trustworthy site for information about external scholarships. Be wary of financial aid scams! You should never have to pay to apply for a scholarship.

Student Employment

One of the great opportunities to help pay for college at the University of Providence is student employment.  More than 100 students on campus participate in this cooperative learning experience where students can do career exploration, integrate classroom learning, and make some extra money.  Campus positions like tutoring, Information Services student staff worker, campus activities staff can provide the cooperative learning tri-fecta.  The process of applying for these emerging professional positions gets you professional feedback on your resume, an opportunity to practice your interview skills, and a place to practice your professional job search and job acquisition skills.

Students begin being placed in student-employment positions at the start of each semester and continue to be placed until each position is filled.

For more information about other employment opportunities, check out the Career Center page here.

Federal Financial Aid


A variety of grants are available to students. Grants are need based and determined through completing the FAFSA. Information on types of grants available to students can be found here.

Student Loans

Federal financial aid can assist students in paying for your education at the University of Providence in a variety of ways. The first step is to submit the FAFSA (Federal Application For Student Aid) every year at The University of Providence School code is 002527. The Financial Aid staff is available to assist you with completing the FAFSA for free.

Student loans are not required to be paid while a student is enrolled in at least six credits. More information on student loans can be found here including information on eligibility, interest rates and repayment.

Parent Plus Loans

Parent Plus Loans are federal loans for eligible parents of dependent undergraduate students. To obtain a Parent Plus Loan, you must not have adverse credit history. A credit check will be conducted. If you have an adverse credit history, you may still be able to receive a Parent Plus Loan if you meet additional requirements. They are separate from loans that students borrow and must be repaid by the borrowing parent. Repayment can be deferred while the student is attending at least half time. Parent Plus loans have a fixed interest rate for the life of the loan.

Parents can borrow up to the cost of attendance minus any additional financial aid offered to the student. More information can be found  here. To apply click this link.

Private Loans

Private loans are options for both parents and students. They are administered by private lenders such as banks or credit unions. They are repaid separately from Federal Loans. There are many private loan options available. When looking for a private loan, look for lenders who offer no fees to apply, low, fixed interest rates, flexible repayment options, and no payments while in school.

Please click here to view some private loan options available.

Military Benefits

University of Providence is well experienced in helping active military members and veterans use tuition assistance and veterans’ benefits to pay for school. At UP, in order to use the GI Bill students must be already enrolled in classes and have an eligibility determination from the US Department of Veterans Affairs.

To receive an eligibility determination (Certificate of Eligibility) from the VA, students must first complete an online application you can find here. Students can also call 1-888-442-4551 for assistance. Veterans and enlisted military members can find more info on assistance through UP here.

Loan Repayment Assistance Program

LRAP (Loan Repayment Assistance Program) can help first-time new students upon graduation to repay federal, private or parent PLUS loans.

LRAP is a part of our Argo Advantage, which promises exceptional commitment to affordability, value and student success. It ensures that the UP students graduate on time and career-ready, as skilled and ethical leaders ready to help shape a better world.

Click here to view the University of Providence’s LRAP website for more information on how to apply.

Tuition and Fees

Tuition for students of the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, and the School of Health Professions can be found by visiting the Tuition and Fees page.

Net Price Calculator