Head Women’s Ice Hockey Coach
The University of Providence (UP), founded in 1932, is a four-year, private, Catholic, liberal arts university located in Great Falls, Montana. The University of Providence is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH), sponsored by Providence Ministries. The University has an enrollment of under 1,000 students and offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees in a variety of professional and liberal arts programs. Students are prepared for careers as well as lives of meaning, purpose, and service. Applicants must possess a personal philosophy compatible with a Catholic University and faith-based environment.
- Create an environment that values and promotes the academic experience of the student athlete.
- Meet university established recruitment and retention goals.
- Maintain a high standard of integrity in all aspects of program management.
- Intentionally integrate department and university core values to produce a team that promotes and exemplifies the values of the University of Providence.
- Monitor the academic progress of student athletes.
- Develop leadership skills and instill core values in student athletes.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to all NAIA, ACHA, WCHA, University, and departmental rules and regulations.
- Hire, train, and supervise assistant coaches.
- Team Management: Recruiting, Budgeting, Scheduling, Travel Logistics, Competition and Practice Coaching, and Public Relations.
- Coordinate team participation in departmental fundraising efforts.
- Operate Ice Hockey camps and clinics.
- Maintain professional memberships and engage in professional development opportunities.
- Serve on department and university committees as assigned.
- Additional teaching or administrative duties may be combined.
General Position Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude and desire to relate well with athletics staff.
- Proven track record of successful coaching and fundraising.
- Ability to relate to and communicate with multiple constituencies.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Experience with scheduling, budgeting, and travel logistics.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Required Bachelor’s Degree and coaching experience, or exceptional sport specific coaching experience.
- Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing a significant safety threat to self or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified. This job description is not an employment agreement and/or an expressed or implied employment contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Application for Employment (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5291.