Paula Glass is a Nursing Instructor at the University of Providence School of Health Professions. Glass joined UP in 2022, teaching multiple courses in the Master of Science in Nursing Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Educator programs. Her clinical and professional expertise extends back almost 30 years, and her educational background is just over 15.
Glass’s educational accomplishments include a Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing and a Master of Science in Nursing from Florida International University. Before earning her advanced degrees, Glass earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of New York at Buffalo. Glass carries a diverse clinical background, working various jobs as an Adult Nurse Practitioner, with experience in women’s health, internal medicine, urology, and Planned Parenthood. She has also held various leadership roles in nursing education, hospital education, and nursing services.
Before joining UP, Glass was a faculty member at HCI College of West Palm Beach, Jersey College School of Nursing, and Palm Beach State College. In addition, Glass served as an adjunct faculty at the University of Pennsylvania and California, Nova Southern University, She also held a tenure-track assistant professor position at California State University Sacramento.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing, Florida International University
- Master of Science in Nursing, Florida International University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of New York at Buffalo
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (Women’s Health), 2022 – Current
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (Planned Parenthood), 2016 – 2018
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (Internal Medicine), 2014
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (Planned Parenthood), 2006 – 2007
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (Urology), 2004 – 2005
- Director of Education, 2002 – 2004
- Staff Development/Clinical Supervisor/Disease Manager, 1997 – 2001
- Director of Hospital Education, 1996 – 1997
- Director of Nursing Services, 1994 – 1996
- Critical Care Registered Nurse, 1987 – 1994
- Nursing Faculty, University of Providence, 2022 – Current
- Nursing Faculty, HCI College of West Palm Beach, 2021 – 2022
- Nursing Faculty, Jersey College School of Nursing, 2018 – 2021
- Part-Time Adjunct Faculty, University of Pennsylvania, California, 2014 – 2020
- Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, California, State University at Sacramento, 2015 – 2016
- Adjunct Faculty, Nova Southern University, 2014 – 2017
- Professor, Palm Beach State College, 2007 – 2012
- National League for Nursing, Member
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners, Member
- Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health, Member
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, Member
- Delta Epsilon Lota Academic Honor Society, Member
- Florida Registered Nurse Multistate & Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Plus Dispensing License)
- State of Montana Advanced Practice Registered Nurse License
- State of Washington Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program Adult Nurse Practitioner Certification
- Certified Nurse Educator, National League for Nursing
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society (Inducted: Pi Alpha)
- Florida International University’s Academic Achievement/Distinction Award
- MSN-AGNP: Master of Science in Nursing, Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner
- MSN-NE: Master of Science in Nursing, Nurse Practitioner
- MSN 602 – Patient Care Management Adolescent and Adult AGNP
- MSN 603 – Patient Care Management Lifespan II
- MSN 604 – Patient Care Management Geriatrics
- MSN 620 – Patient Care Management – Practicum I
- MSN 630 – Patient Care Management – Practicum II
- MSN 684 – Advanced Concepts Assessment, Pathophysiology, and Physical Health Assessment
- MSN 694 – Advanced Concepts Clinical Practicum
- Faculty Strategic Planning, Member
Three Questions With Paula Glass
- What do you enjoy doing outside of academia?
- I enjoy quilting and gifting to loved ones or those who need a hug. I also enjoy reading novels
- What is the best advice you ever received as a nurse, and how has it influenced your practice?
- The best advice I received was to complete my Adult Nurse Practitioner MSN so I could practice and/or teach.
- If you could give one piece of advice to new nursing students, what would it be?
- Although you may feel overwhelmed or defeated sometimes, keep your eye on the goal! Aspire to continue learning, studying, and applying concepts you learn in clinical experiences. Lastly, you should communicate more with your faculty, especially if you’re struggling, as they cannot read your mind.