Hayley Chang is the Program Director for the Medical Assistant Certificate Program. Before transitioning to Director, Chang joined the University of Providence’s School of Health Professions in 2018 as an Adjunct Professor in the Medical Assistant Program.
Chang’s educational experience includes a Bachelor of Business in Healthcare Management from Western Governors University. Chang also holds an Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting from the Lake Washington Institute of Technology. She also holds certifications, including a Leadership Certificate from Western Governors University and a Certification in Billing & Coding for Medical Assisting from Lake Washington Institute of Technology.
Before arriving at the University of Providence, Chang worked in various roles across healthcare, including her primary experience as a Certified Medical Assistant and additional roles as a Pharmacy Account Coordinator. Chang’s teaching qualifications come from her certifications and licensures, including an Online Teaching Certificate from Duke University and an Assessment-Based Certificate in the Education Program of the American Association of Medical Assisting.
- Bachelor of Business in Healthcare Management, Western Governors University
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting, Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Medical Assistant Program Director (Current)
- Medical Assistant Program Coordinator
- Pharmacy Account Coordinator
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Adjunct Instructor, University of Providence, 2018 – Current
- Strategic Thinking & Innovation Certificate
- Leadership Certificate, Western Governors University
- Online Teaching Certificate, Duke University
- Assessment-Based Certificate in Education Program, American Association of Medical Assisting
- Certification in Billing & Coding – Medical Assisting, Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- XMA: Medical Assistant Certificate
- XMA: Medical Assistant Exam-Prep
- XMA 160: Administrative Practices in Finance
- XMA 195: Internship & Career Prep
Three Questions With Hayley Chang
- If you could give any piece of advice to an incoming student, what would it be?
- Time management is highly important in both of our programs, but this is especially true for the MA Certificate Program. The ten months go by quickly, and you learn a lot; managing your time will help you be more successful in the program.
- What do you enjoy doing outside of academia?
- I LOVE to read. Usually, when I am not in school, I read, at minimum a book every two weeks. My goal is to have my own personal library, and I’ve learned that I will need a minimum of 1000 books. I currently have about 320, all I have read and accumulated since moving to Washington 9 years ago.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- The superpower I would want is teleportation. This would allow me to see the world.