Looking to get your bachelor’s degree in nursing but aren’t sure which path is right for you?
Our Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) and Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) programs offer two unique paths for students looking to enter or advance in the nursing field. Still unsure which path is right for you? Here are three facts you should know when enrolling for our RN-BSN or BSN programs.
- You must be a licensed, practicing Registered Nurse with an associate degree or diploma in Nursing to qualify. No bachelor’s degree required.
- If you do not have a bachelor’s degree, you will have to complete two pre-requisite courses, a 100-level philosophy and 200-level Theology and Religious Learning course.
- Designed for the working professional, you can complete our program online while working full-time thanks to our hybrid online learning environment that combines synchronous lectures with asynchronous learning.
- Our Accelerated BSN program is for students seeking initial preparation and licensure as a Registered Nurse. Graduates are eligible for the national licensure exam.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree – in any field – to apply to our program. In addition, you need pre-requisites in Anatomy and Physiology (with labs), Microbiology, Statistics and Nutrition.
- While the Accelerated BSN program is a hybrid course with online learning, you must live in or relocate to either Anchorage, Alaska or Lewistown, Montana for in-person clinicals. Due to the accelerated nature of our program, students should not plan to maintain outside employment while enrolled.
Are you Interested in applying one of our two unique paths in nursing?
Applying to UP has never been easier.
Start My Application