WHO WE ARE
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs for the healthcare system and industry. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
ESSENTIAL POSITION SUMMARY
To assist the Head Men’s Basketball coach in all facets of running the men’s basketball program.
- Teaching student’s basketball skills/individual and small group player development.
- Reviewing video and teaching student’s basketball through video review.
- Teaching and coaching at basketball practice with head coach.
- Assist in monitoring the academic progress of student athletes.
- Help to develop leadership skills and instill core values in student athletes.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to all NAIA, Frontier Conference, University, and departmental rules and regulations.
- Assist in Team Management: Recruiting, Scouting, Travel Logistics, Competition and Practice Coaching, and Public Relations.
- Assist in coordinating team fundraisers and participate in departmental fundraising efforts.
- Assist in the operation of program specific camps and clinics.
- Maintain professional memberships and engage in professional development opportunities.
- Serve on department and university committees as assigned.
- Additional teaching or administrative duties may be combined with this position, to include planning/conducting camps both on and off campus designed to help the program reach recruitment goals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and Athletic Director
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with coaching and/or playing experience.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Position Type: Temporary/Contract (January 1 – June 30, 2021)
FLSA: Exempt, Non-Benefits Eligible
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Employment Application (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.