WHO WE ARE
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
The Student Support Services Director is responsible for leading the CAE staff in administering Title IV TRiO Student Support Services grant.
- Plan and coordinate services for grant eligible students.
- Supervise and evaluate Student Support Services Title IV staff.
- Author grant proposal and prepare grant reports, financial status reports, and applications.
- Oversee the Title IV budget.
- Collect statistical data for the SSSP Title IV project.
- Work with the Federal Department of Education and the University of Providence accounting system to assure compliance with SSSP Title IV grant regulations.
- Coordinate and oversee the planning and implementation of services for University of Providence students eligible under Title IV regulations.
- Work together with other University departments to coordinate services to students.
- Provide counseling services for grant eligible students.
- Plan and coordinate services for disadvantaged students.
- Provide administrative and staff leadership to SSS Title IV project staff.
- Collaborate with faculty, ASC, and the STEM and Writing & Critical Thinking Centers to provide quality academic support services.
- Ensure compliance with TRIO grant regulations.
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Be able to interact effectively with administration, staff, peers, faculty and students in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner.
- Be able to handle workload fluctuations, high activity and stress.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Master’s degree in education, counseling, student personnel, or related field.
- Four years’ professional experience in a related field, plus at least two years of supervisory/management experience.
Position Type: Staff
Wages: $46,345 – $57,930 per year
Location: Great Falls MT/Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to email@example.com.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Employment Application (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977