The Student Services Specialist serves as a guide for students in a variety of student service transactions and processes, and provide comprehensive information about University policies and processes to prospective, current and former students, the general public and University faculty and staff. Areas of knowledge include admissions, academic advising, billing and payment, financial aid, graduation services, housing, meal plans, new student orientation, payment, registration, student activities, student self-service, and veteran’s services. This position plays a critical role in providing a first impression to those who inquire about the University, and in supporting the enrollment and student success goals of the University.
- Provide a full range of student services support to students and the general public by responding to inquiries and requests for information and assistance in person, online or by telephone.
- Assisting and informing students with student services processes, procedures and policies, including: admissions; advising, assessment/testing; financial aid, billing and payment; graduation; registration; new student orientation, self-service and veteran’s services.
- Training and assisting students to navigate Argo Express and other online student services processes.
- Interpreting complex information, making evaluative determinations and recommendations regarding services, programs, and procedures to students, University employees and the public.
- Conducting student transactions and maintaining and updating student academic records using University information systems.
- Assisting students in the resolution of issues, concerns and problems.
- Work directly with the financial aid staff to provide student assistance and learn policies and procedures. Enter data as needed, scan and send documents and assist in follow up calls and letter generation.
- Recommending and assisting in the implementation of goals and objectives; participating in establishing and implementing department policies and procedures.
- Performing other duties of a similar nature or level. As required
- Associate degree or equivalent required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- At least 1 year of customer service experience required.
- Knowledge of student services and programs relevant to a higher education setting preferred.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to email@example.com.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Employment Application (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5291.