This position is responsible for providing, strength/conditioning, and programming to student athletes as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director-Student Wellness/Risk Management.
- Develop and implement strength, agility, speed and conditioning training particular to assigned sports
- Implement sports specific conditioning and speed workouts for male and female athletes.
- Design and implement training programs for sports assigned by Assistant Athletic Director-Student Wellness / Risk Management
- Direct oversight of assigned sports to include duties at practice, home games and away competitions
- Develop individualized rehabilitation programs for injured students in accordance with Sports Medicine Department
- Ensures safety of athletes, including maintaining equipment, spotting of athletes, and proper form and technique
- Participates with on-campus recruiting of incoming athletes
- Responsibilities also include assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of the athletic facilities
- Must comply with all University, NAIA, Frontier Conference, Cascade Conference, NIRA, and ACHA rules and regulations
- Share in managing the daily function of the fitness facility, including opening and closing facility in a timely manner per university schedule
- Cleaning and disinfecting exercise equipment, membership desk, furniture, banisters, etc. to prevent the spread of illness and bacteria
- Maintaining organization of facility to include re-racking weights, bars and weighted balls to appropriate racks
- Inspecting and maintaining exercise equipment and scheduling repairs as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director-Student Wellness / Risk Management
- Required Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification is required
- AED/CPR and current First Aid Certification
- 1-3 years of experience in a collegiate athletic department
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to email@example.com.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Employment Application (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5291.