Who We Are
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Executive Vice President, COO/CFO in facilitating the accomplishment of Strategy and Operations goals. As a professional representative of the Executive Vice President, COO/CFO’s office, the Senior Administrative Assistant exercises independent judgment, maintains high-level of confidentiality, demonstrates initiative, multi-tasks, and manages many competing priorities.
- Drafts, prepares, and processes all office correspondence in a timely manner and with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Also proofreads EVP/COO/CFO’s correspondence to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Processes all incoming/outgoing mail.
- Manages the EVP/COO/CFO’s calendar. Schedules appointments, arranges meetings, and prepares agenda/supporting materials; also follow-up and tracks actions to be taken in preparation for subsequent meetings.
- Researches and implements all travel arrangements for EVP/COO/CFO; prepares itineraries, completes registrations for conferences, and secures airline/hotel reservations.
- Processes all travel receipts for reimbursement.
- Maintains all office files and archival records.
- Greets all visitors and directs them to the appropriate personnel.
- Answers all incoming calls to EVP/COO/CFO’s office.
- Orders all office supplies as needed.
- Performs work on Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Processes purchase orders, check requests, and invoices in a timely manner.
- Reconciles monthly budget reports and ensures that the Strategy and Operations budget is in alignment with the approved budget.
- Reconciles monthly credit card bill.
- Ensures all other departments’ budgets that report to EVP/COO/CFO are in alignment with their approved budget amount.
- Serves as recording secretary for all Strategy and Operations meetings as requested.
- Schedules quarterly Finance and Risk/Compliance Committee meetings.
- Prepares all documents required for the Finance and Risk/Compliance Committee meetings.
- Prepares Finance and Risk/Compliance Committee Board Book for the Board of Trustees meetings.
- Plans other various Strategy and Operations events as they arise.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of university policies, handbooks, procedures, and external regulations to ensure compliance and effective operations in the Strategy and Operations department.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Knowledge of and minimum of 3 years’ experience in higher education desired.
- 3 years of experience in providing progressively responsible administrative support with experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple scheduling responsibilities.
- Experience in a professional setting serving a senior-level leader preferred.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to email@example.com.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Employment Application (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5291.