WHO WE ARE
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
The Resources Counselor position aims to provide students with a place to go for decision-making skills for educational, vocational, and personal choices. This position will also organize and facilitate programming for grant eligible students. It reports to the Title IV Student Support Services Director.
- To build awareness of diversity/multicultural issues on campus.
- To coordinate the early warning process for other staff members.
- To organize and facilitate programming for grant eligible students.
- To plan and provide informational presentations and workshops as requested.
- To inform students of the activities sponsored by the Title IV SSS project.
- To assist students with decision-making skills for educational, vocational, and personal choices.
- To advise students with course load, course content, academic regulations, and university procedures.
- To administer personality, vocational, and learning style assessments.
- To provide Early Warning and professor follow-ups.
- To complete Personal Education Plans (PEP’s) with TRIO students.
- To cooperate with staff and faculty in retention efforts.
- To document all activities and contact with students.
- To assist with maintenance of electronic student files.
- To plan and attend graduate school visits.
- To assist with the implementation of our TRIO peer mentoring program.
- To supervise monthly TRIO activities for our students.
- To serve in other capacities as requested by the Title IV Student Support Services Director.
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Advising/counseling skills.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work professionally and reasonably with confidential materials.
- Ability to accomplish job duties in an accurate, effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Be able to interact effectively with administration, staff, peers, faculty, and students in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Be able to handle workload fluctuations, high activity, and stress.
- Ability to promote and develop programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, education, human services, or related field with master’s degree preferred.
- Three years related, full-time, paid work experience required.
Position Type: Staff
Wages: $16.64 – $20.05 per hour
Location: Great Falls MT/Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to email@example.com.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Employment Application (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.