WHO WE ARE
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
This position is responsible for providing administrative and operational support in the clinical skills lab setting for the Medical Assistant (MA) Certificate Program in Washington, Oregon, Montana, Texas and other states in the near future. Major responsibilities include the initial set up of all new skills lab settings and maintenance of current skills lab settings in place. Additional responsibilities include ordering and restocking supplies, creating and maintaining training notebooks for current and new skills lab sites. This position is responsible for working with the Program Director and organizational leadership to assist and coordinate student practicum experiences for each cohort and region. Additional opportunities include teaching both as faculty and a clinical skills lab hourly faculty in the clinical skills lab setting.
- Works closely with the Program Director on key administrative and operational program functions in the clinical skills lab setting and student practicum experience to include assisting with organization preceptor training specific to individual site needs.
- Responsible for the set-up of all new clinical skills lab sites to include maintenance and replication of the clinical skills lab notebook, ordering, organizing and maintaining all inventory in each location under the guidance of the Program Director. Responsible to assist and coordinate student practicum experiences with the Program Director and organizational leadership This position will require a remote home office and travel to the University, clinical skills lab and practicum sites as indicated.
- Teach one course per year in a lead faculty role to include supporting and directing hourly skills lab faculty assigned to the one course per year requirement.
- Oversee Program Immersion needs to include but not limited to compiling immersion packets,
- Participate in all program immersions as assigned twice per year to include speaking and assistive support to the Program Director.
- Participate in all program graduations as assigned twice per year to include speaking and assistive support to the Program Director.
- Participate and provide support to the Program Director for all National Accreditation requirements to include, but not limited to, Advisory Board Meetings, Tracking Data, Graduate Surveys, Employer Surveys and other duties as assigned.
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the University and PSJH mission and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- This position requires a minimum of an Associate Degree in a healthcare field preferable Medical Assistant.
- Teaching experience in a classroom or healthcare facility teaching/training environment.
- A current Medical assistant certification and in good standing, through a nationally recognized and accredited certifying agency such as the AAMA or AMCA. (The candidate will have 90 days from date of hire, to earn their Medical Assistant Certification if they do not hold a current certification.)
- A minimum of three years of full-time experience in a healthcare facility, with a minimum of one year of direct patient care.
- Experience in patient education, preferred.
- Experience as a Medical Assistant lead, preferred but not required.
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of software programs and communication methods is required; this includes Microsoft Office Suite (Word& PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills is required.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, excellent organization and time management skills are required.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Position Type: Staff
Location: This position will require a remote home office and travel to the University, clinical skills lab and practicum sites as indicated.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Employment Application (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.