WHO WE ARE
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
Create an environment that values and promotes the academic experience of the student athlete.
Meet university established recruitment and retention goals. Develop a competitive Varsity Women’s Wrestling program. Maintain a high standard of integrity in all aspects of program management. Intentionally integrate department and university core values to produce a team that promotes and exemplifies the values and the mission of the University of Providence.
- Monitor the academic progress of student’s athletes.
- Develop leadership skills and instill core values in student athletes.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to all NAIA, Cascade Conference, University, and departmental rules and regulations.
- Hire, train, and supervise assistant coach.
- Team Management: Recruiting, Budgeting, Scheduling, Travel Logistics, Competition and Practice Coaching, and Public Relations.
- Coordinate team and participate in departmental fundraising efforts.
- Operating of program specific camps and clinics.
- Maintain professional memberships and engage in professional development opportunities.
- Serve on department and university committees as assigned.
- Additional teaching or administrative duties may be combined.
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in a collegiate athletic department
- Collegiate coaching experience
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Position Type: Contract (through June 2021)
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to email@example.com.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Employment Application (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.