Director of Marketing and Communications
WHO WE ARE
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
The primary focus of the Director of Marketing and Communications is to raise the profile of the University in the region and nationally by leading overall brand strategy marketing and communication for the University, including internal communications, public and media relations, social media, crisis communications, the university website, and executive communications. Reporting to the Executive Vice President/COO/CFO, the Director of Marketing and Communication will work closely with peers to develop marketing and communication plans that support the University’s advancement and growth.
- Collaborate with people and departments across campus as well as external constituents to ensure high quality, unified and consistent university-wide brand identity and communications style.
- Oversee the University website and social media; develop content strategy, information architecture and design. Manage website and social media analytics to track effectiveness and progress toward strategic marketing goals.
- Advise and support key leaders in interactions with the media and general public, serving as a co-strategist and content manager on messaging; ensure that the president and senior leaders are well-informed about marketing and communication strategies.
- Develop effective relationships with media organization, create media releases and proactively seek opportunities for media engagement.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and communications strategies and channels; align goals and metrics for marketing and communication activities with the University strategic plan and monitor progress.
- Collaborate with Risk and Compliance, Facilities, and Security to develop risk and crisis communication policies and procedures.
- Implement effective internal communication channels and activities to uniformly inform and engage campus faculty, staff and students.
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the University and PSJH mission and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in marketing and communication or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in marketing and communications preferred.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a highly diverse range of people and roles, including executives and administrative staff, faculty, external community and organizational leaders, volunteers, media representatives and students.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with a track record of delivering excellent results within established budgets and timelines.
- Ability to oversee and execute multiple projects simultaneously while working effectively under pressure of last minute deadlines and changing priorities.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
To apply, please go to the following link and follow the instructions for applications: http://bit.ly/DirMarketingCommunicationsUnivofProv
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.