WHO WE ARE
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
Under general supervision from an administrative superior, performs a variety of routine and semiskilled tasks involving general maintenance of facilities, equipment, and grounds performing preventive maintenance making minor grounds and landscape repairs. Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms, public spaces, housing and any other on campus facilities using established practices and procedure. More difficult or skilled work may be performed under the direct supervision of the manager and the Director of Physical Plant. Specific duties performed may vary by assignment.
- Responsibilities may vary depending on the shift. Shifts are rotated and include the swing and graveyard shift, weekends, and Holidays.
- Changing fluorescent lights and ballasts.
- Moving furniture, boxes, desks, file cabinets, chairs, etc.
- Setting up and taking down tables and chairs for classes, events and programs.
- Assisting or filling in for custodial staff cleaning bathrooms and offices; mopping, sweeping, etc.
- Shoveling snow out of doorways, off sidewalks and stairs, and spreading Ice Melt
- Preparing campus vehicles for trips
- Planting trees, cutting and fertilizing lawn, trimming bushes, planting and weeding flower beds
- Assist the Engineer with boiler
- Maintain the cleanliness of the campus facilities which includes: emptying the trash, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping the floors, cleaning the lavatories, dusting, and cleaning the windows, light maintenance as required
- Notify their manager of any problems in the assigned building for cleaning or maintenance
- Observes safety standards and practices.
- Perform other duties as they may be assigned by the manager
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions in a safe manner, make routine decisions independently, sustain long periods of light to moderately heavy physical activity, and work harmoniously with others.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Ability to lift and move objects of up to 50 pounds and occasionally handle objects in excess of 50 pounds. Ability to repeatedly lift 10 to 15 pounds.
- Willingness to be trained to perform job responsibilities.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
High school diploma or equivalency
Minimum of two years of experience including knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, landscaping, irrigation, electrical, mechanical systems (HVAC) and painting. General knowledge of cleaning chemicals and equipment working conditions. And, ability to operate tractor mower, sprinkler system, weed eater, and hedge trimmer.
Position Type: Staff
Wages: $13.36 per hour
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Employment Application (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.