Athletic Spirit Coordinator
WHO WE ARE
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
The Athletics Spirit Coordinator will manage and oversee events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communication with staff, and organizing vendors, exhibitors and stakeholders during event planning. Establish standardized event procedures and properly execute them. As additional Athletic Administrative support, the Athletic Spirit Coordinator, will be an integral and enthusiastic co-contributor to our “Event Management Team”. As additional “Faces of all Argo Athletic Events”, you will blend your team to allow them to operate at their highest point of contribution in support of the culture of Argo Athletics. Develop the graphic design and production of all the Athletics department’s publications, including, but not limited to, ticket collateral, stationery, flyers and brochures for the University of Providence Athletic Department. Also, responsible for coordinating the printing process with outside printing vendors, creation of sport specific marketing plans and other graphic related duties as assigned. This position will have oversight responsibility for the Gear Shoppe, and will assist in the successful execution of Athletics special events, such as banquets, tournaments and ceremonies. There will be game day responsibilities, which will necessitate working evenings/weekends/holidays.
Head Spirit Squad Coach
- Meet university established recruitment and retention goals.
- Monitor the academic progress of student’s athletes.
- Develop leadership skills and instill core values in student athletes.
- Team Management: Recruiting, Budgeting, Scheduling, Travel Logistics, Competition and Practice Coaching, and Public Relations.
- Assist in scheduling & promotion of university mascot.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to all NAIA, AACCA, University, and departmental rules and regulations.
- Operate cheer camps and clinics.
- Maintain professional memberships and engage in professional development opportunities.
- Responsible for inventory purchasing and weekly inventory of all goods.
- Responsible for scheduling hours and workers for the Gear Shoppe.
- Processes daily deposits.
Event Management Team
- Coordinate event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers.
- Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize events.
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP lists.
- Create and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Responsible for the design and update of special pages for the Athletics Department website. Design graphics for the Athletics Website, Social Media and various publications. Monitor and provide reporting and identity trends for social media (page views, visits, unique visitors, etc.)
- Develop an open line of communication between Argo Athletics and the City of Great Falls Special Events Coordinator.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating of all corporate nights as well as special guest nights. (ex. Military Night, Surrounding Area Night, etc.)
- Assist with Athletics Department Staff to develop, maintain and advance the athletic department brand identity through its various printed and digital publications, which include but are not limited to media guides, game programs, posters, tickets and newsletters, as necessary for all sports.
- Create unique social media content with a focus on in-game and in-venue interaction with potential to integrate sponsored elements; coordinate implementation.
- Work collaboratively with external team to plan, coordinate and produce all graphic content for promotional and branding purposes. Projects include planning and executing sport specific plans as well as social media interactives.
- Develop new ways to promote the athletic teams and the department’s mission statement while taking advantage of emerging technology. Stay current on graphics trends and techniques to the sports design industry, and learn and incorporate them in the athletic department at the University of Providence.
- Assist with overarching sports communication and public relation campaigns, and sales campaigns. Be continually aware of community happenings and how the University of Providence can be part of community happenings.
- Assist with the creation of communication, and creative content to engage with fans.
- Communication and ability to work with the Administration team each year on the Fall Athletic Banquet and Auction and the Spring Athletic Golf Tournament.
- Consistent communication with coaching staff, team operations, external staff members, sports information director, event management for execution of promotions and game day material.
- Implement a consistent graphic identity and branding across platforms and teams, in alignment with the University of Providence and Athletics Department design standards.
- Provide creative support across the athletic department.
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public relations, hospitality management, or a related field is required
- Master’s degree is preferred
- AACCA certified (American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators)
- Proven track record of sales implementation.
- Experience creating and implementing event plans.
Position Type: Staff
Wages: $16.64 – 20.05 per hour
FTE: Full Time
Location: University of Providence Campus
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Employment Application (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976.