This full-time faculty position includes an online teaching load (28-30 credits or 10 courses) throughout the 12-month academic year, resulting in a level of documented learner satisfaction and demonstrated success in achieving program and student learning outcomes. Course teaching includes organizational leadership, communication, research and evidence based practice, healthcare systems, information and data management, transformational leadership, healthcare ethics and law, healthcare budget & financial planning; all courses reflect master’s education standards. The faculty position is located off campus (home office) and faculty are required to attend faculty development and other required events indicated by the MHA program and/or university. Travel is paid for by the MHA program.
- Being an active participant in program improvement through curriculum review and peer-mentoring
- Assisting with academic and quality processes to gain CAHME accreditation
- Recruiting and advising MHA students
- Participating on School of Health Professions committees
- Engaging in scholarly activities to include academic publications and research presentations at national conferences to further advance the nursing profession
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the University and PSJH mission and philosophy
- A PhD is preferred, however terminal degrees in Health Management/Administration or a related field from an accredited institution will be considered
- Candidates should have a significant record of accomplishment in the field. Rank will be commensurate with qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding for adult learning and educational theories and techniques
- A minimum of one year of teaching experience in post-secondary and/or vocational/technical education school
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct assessment at program and course levels
- Extensive knowledge of CAHME accreditation criteria and process
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of software programs and communication methods is required; this includes Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills is required
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and excellent time management skills is required
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to email@example.com.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Employment Application (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5976