WHO WE ARE
The University of Providence is a four-year, private, Catholic liberal arts university with a main campus located in Great Falls, Montana offering both face to face and online programs. The University is committed to its mission of preparing students for living and making a living. Founded by the Sisters of Providence, the University is a ministry of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) and continues to create academic programs to address current and future workforce needs. Shared values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship shape the missions of both the University and PSJH.
The Alumni Relations & Annual Giving Program Manager is responsible for managing all functions of alumni relations, to include alumni donor engagement, planning, marketing and coordinating special events and implementing services and activities that engage alumni and encourage participation and giving in university life. In addition, the Manager will be responsible for the annual appeals conducted by the University with outreach to alumni specifically, current and former parents, current students, friends, partners and community members who may not be alumni. This position is the front line customer service liaison for all alumni for the University.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Alumni Association; coordinates meetings of the Alumni Association, and coordinates all Alumni related events and programs.
- Work closely with the VP of Advancement to manage, cultivate and provide stewardship to alumni donors, donor prospects, and related relationships.
- Develops and implement the annual alumni communication and fundraising plan.
- Coordinate and develop public outreach, monthly newsletter, other publications (when needed) and communications (social media, website, list-serve) for alumni.
- Coordinate alumni fundraising in alignment with the advancement annual plan.
- Establish and coordinate alumni benefits and event discount information for alumni.
- Actively recruit alumni into the Association and to UP events.
- Coordinate the selection and presentation of alumni recognition awards.
- Organize the Annual Alumni Reunions, Alumni Homecoming Weekends.
- Establish new alumni relationships to improve alumni engagement.
- Solicit funds required to meet advancement fundraising goals.
- Coordinate with other University departments to include alumni in University events and activities.
- Represent the VP of Advancement in her/his absence, when requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL POSITION COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
This position requires a bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience and/or training in fundraising.
- Experience in and knowledge of higher education fundraising principles and best practices.
- Intimate knowledge of the local community with ties to key constituents in and outside of Great Falls.
- Ability to inspire and motivate alumni, volunteers, faculty, and staff.
- Experience setting up programs/events and working with volunteers.
- Experience working with donor management and data management systems preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing social media campaigns, newsletters and website content for the purpose of enhancing strategic organizational goals and objectives.
- Models a passionate commitment to the Mission, values and work of the University of Providence through self-understanding, authenticity and spiritual grounding and inspires others to bring forth their best.
- Models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Balances the Common Good with the needs of the most vulnerable in decision-making.
- Delivers results by implementing with persistence, and follows through on both strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while driving for results.
- Is reflective and instills trust through openness, respect and honesty with others at all times.
- Is nimble and flexible, and manages competing priorities effectively.
- Provides superior customer service and motivates others to ensure the same customer-focused intensity.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Proven ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels of the organization in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency with automated and integrated software systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Position Type: Staff
Location: Great Falls; in-state travel required.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, UP application and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COVERED BY THE MONTANA VETERANS’ AND HANDICAPPED PERSONS’ EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE ACT
Employment Application (PDF)
Summary of Benefits (PDF)
The University of Providence is a Catholic, student-centered, mission-focused university. For more information, please contact Human Resources at 406.791.5977.